Holiday reading in the Sunshine State

I’ve enjoyed a wonderful week in balmy Brisbane with one of my beautiful boys. Nothing beats spending precious time with the ones you love. Thank you Anthony! More memories to treasure forever.

During the week I read the six shortlisted titles in the ‘Younger Readers’ category of this years Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) book week awards, as well as reaquainting myself with the six books selected in each of the other categories. I can’t wait to share them with you this term.

aaaahol read
After spending the morning hiking through the amazing Springbrook National Park in the Gold Coast hinterland, I took time out with a great book aptly titled The Simple Things.

What better place for a story than under the Story Bridge which celebrates its 75th birthday this month.
hol read 2hol read 3
Bedtime reading with the boys. Wolverine was nonplussed but it certainly had Hercules’s attention.

I hope you found time for some reading during the holidays. I’d love to hear about what you’ve read.

2 thoughts on “Holiday reading in the Sunshine State

1. Hi Miss Riding. So far I have read over 30 books in the holidays and up to now my favor would have to be Matthew Riley because I’ve read Ice Station, Hovercar Racing and Scarecrow.

2. I enjoyed Ice Station too Ryan although it’s the only book in the Scarecrow series I’ve read. It was certainly a thrill a minute. Shane Schofield’s character reminded me a little of James Bond. Set in Antarctica too. I wonder if it’s in the library at Davis Station and Alex Rogers has read it?